Thursday, January 13, 2011

why mangoes of all the things?

Why mangoes? Because i love them...not just because of how they taste but also because of how much its been a part of my childhood.A bite and i am transported back to the small village in Faizabad(in Uttar Pradesh,India.For those who dont know its a town near ayodhya where its believed lord Sri Raam was born)where my grandparents lived.We spend most of our summer vacations there and it was surrounded with acres of mango orchards...which not only served as our play ground but also provided us with lush,tangy and freshest mangoes on demand....hmm what a feast!! now eating mangoes these days have begun to have a  nostalgic affect on me...mostly because our childhood holiday home is no more there...and also because things around there have changed so much that it exists only in my memories.These recipes are  my dedication to those long gone happy childhood days.


That said,its just not about mangoes...but about everything else i eat,feel and enjoy...mostly the food that i grew up on (my mum's recipes mostly) and a lot of food i came across while staying away from home especially in mumbai.Here are also some recipes i borrowed from my mom in law,my friends and other relatives and also some tv shows,blogs and magazine inspirations...which are definately tweaked according to my and my family's taste.i hope all of you enjoy making and sharing my recipes just as long as you dont forget to mention the source.bon appetite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment